A car accident is an unpleasant experience leaving your family in emotional and financial distress. Nobody is prepared for such a stressful situation when they go home for work or leisure. On top of that, if you are driving without car insurance, you are violating a crucial law. Driving without car insurance is against the law and holds you liable for a penalty. The law is clear on this. Hiring an expert auto accident lawyer in Sacramento can help explore the possibilities.
Car Accident With No Insurance
If the car accident occurs and the other driver is at fault, you may be able to recover compensation for the damages from their insurer. The insurer will give you a settlement amount to close the case. However, you can sue to recover the damages if the settlement amount is unacceptable.
You Can Recover the Following Damages:
- Medical bills
- Car repairs
- Property damages
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and emotional distress
Also, Driving Without Car Insurance May Involve the Following:
- License suspension
- Having your vehicle impounded
- Liable to file an SR-22 form (certification of insurance coverage) to drive in the future legally
If you were in a car accident without insurance and are not at fault, consulting a qualified personal injury lawyer in Sacramento is the best way to deal with it.
With the right attorney, you can build a solid case to receive maximum compensation for the accident. However, the current circumstances and how your attorney handles the situation influence your case.
Related Article: What to Do After a Car Accident When It is Not Your Fault?
What to Do After a Car Accident If You Are Uninsured?
- Call emergency medical services to attend to the injured.
- Call the cops and inform your car accident attorney for further guidance.
- Exchange information with those involved.
- Don’t admit your fault or reveal details about the crash.
- Try to get the names and contact information of eyewitnesses and people involved in the accident.
- Collecting evidence is crucial for building a solid case against the other party. Remember to take photographs of the accident scene, which includes vehicles, car brake signs, and anything else that might help your case.
Driving without insurance adds to the stress of getting involved in a car accident. Complying with the law is the best way to stay out of trouble. However, seek professional help from an experienced car accident attorney during unfortunate circumstances. Experts will help you navigate through challenging times.